Sunday, May 29, 2011

Meat me at Burger Bar


To be honest, it's rare for me to come across a burger I 100% love without any cheese on it. This weekend I was served up pure love on a bun- short rib on top of a juicy burger topped with fennel onion slaw, or as Burger Bar calls it, Get Shortay. Every bite was the perfect blend of sweet and savory but wasn’t over the top. I don’t think I’ve ever had a burger topped with meat other than bacon – but this was just absurdly deserving of one being of the best out-of-the-box stackers in town.


Pre-beef, I was also graced with a phenomenal dish of peppered bacon mac and cheese. . . Hell-o. No shortage of cheese or noodles. It’s hard to find a place that does a top-notch job of both, but this one was not shy about showing off either side.


Perfect for brew (sizable tabletop dictionary upon being seated!) and burg, you won’t find any typical cheeseburger here.


Burger Bar

1578 N Clybourn

Chicago

www.burgerbarchicago.com

No comments:

Post a Comment